Wednesday, March 6, 2013

About Medical Transcription - A Career in Healthcare Documentation - Ahdi


    If you are interested in Medical Transcription this is a great article:
    http://www.ahdionline.org/Portals/0/downloads/AboutMT.pdf

    Table of Contents
    • What is a Medical Transcriptionist?
    • What does a medical transcriptionist do?
    • What characteristics do I need in order to become a medical transcriptionist?
    • Where do medical transcriptionists work?
    • Who do medical transcriptionists work for?
    • Where can I learn more about medical transcription?
    • How Do I Train for Medical Transcription?
    • What is the initial point of contact to begin MT education?
    • Which school should I go to?
    • What should I ask when I contact an approved school?
    • Is distance-learning a good idea?
    • Why are some approved schools more expensive than others?
    • How long does it take to become a medical transcriptionist?
    • How Does Apprenticeship Work?
    • What is an apprenticeable occupation?
    • Are apprentices paid?
    • Where can I find more information about the federally approved MT Registered
    • Apprenticeship Program?
    • Can I Find Employment?
    • Will it be easy for me to get a job?
    • Can I work from home?
    • Can I be self-employed and/or own my own MT service?
    • What can I expect to be paid once educated and working as an MT?
    • Who Promotes Medical Transcription?
    • What professional organizations serve the needs of medical transcription?
    • What credentials and designations are recognized by MT employers and peers?
    • Why are graduate certificates, professional credentials, and designations desirable?
    • What professional organizations represent medical transcriptionists?
    • What is the Future of Medical Transcription?


    No comments:

    Post a Comment